UNIT9 director Christian Etter and Winkreative have created an interactive world, taking inspiration from early computer games, to celebrate this unique collection of 8 ties.
The digital sphere becomes a fun virtual space in which animations, illustrations and photography bring the different tie designs to life and invite viewers to reveal the ties’ secret technological identities.
Hermès, a French family run fashion house, established in 1837. For the launch of their new range of eight handmade, heavyweight twill ties, the Paris-based luxury fashion house wanted to create an innovative print and digital campaign.
Their London based agency Winkreative, founded by Tyler Brûlé (Wallpaper, Monocle), approached UNIT9 to ask if we could help shaping the interactive part for the launch of Hermès’ new ties range.
The theme of the new tie collection was the world around retro computing, an exciting time of 8-bit sounds and colorful computer graphics.
Winkreative conceived a beautiful print catalog which went out at the same time as the interactive campaign went live. We took parts of the catalogue for the interactive version and hand-crafted other parts by frame-by-frame computer animations.
We used Flash 8, a fairly old form of technology, to produce the campaign so we ensured it was compatible with Hermès’ existing website.
- Agency: Winkreative
- Brand: Hermes
- Technical Director: Marco Scabia
- Tech Lead: Daniele Pelagatti
- Animation: Benz Anwat Vongtanee, Reuben Sutherland, Nuno Costa, Tommaso de Sanctis
- Production Manager: Pritty Gilbey
- Producer: Fabien Terrasse, Amelia Roberts
- Creative Director: Maurus Fraser
- Design Director: Corinna Drossel
- Sound Design: Reuben Sutherland, Steve Nolan
- Art Director: Catarina Pereira
- Digital Designer: Camila Bossolan
- Art Buyer: Faye Dowling
- Stylist: John McCarty
- Photography: Zoe Ghertner
- Copywriter: Matthew Temple, Clare Aitken
- Illustrator: Erica Dorn
- Quality Assurance: Peter Law
- Video: Tender Night
- Production Company: UNIT9